Saturday, January 26, 2013

Total Baby Fever

Today Hubby and I went to visit some friends of ours who just brought home their new baby boy.  Since we started TTC I've had lots of "friends"  (old college & high school friends who keep in touch via Facebook, and coworkers) who have had babies, but this is the first time I've actually physically been with a newborn for any length of time in the past 9 months and I have to say it gave me total. baby. fever. Holy crap.  I seriously want a baby NOW. 


BABY!
He was sooooo cute and sweet and I did NOT want to give him back to his parents. He just kept staring up at me gurgling and sighing and gripping my finger with his tiny hand and it melted my cold little heart.  Luckily I am not a full blown psycho so I did not steal him and run away but trust me when I say that I reeaaaaally wanted to.

Honestly I was a little worried the past few days about what emotions I would feel when we went today, but once we got there it was wonderful and all I felt was happiness for our friends. It was a long road for them including multiple rounds of IVF, bedrest for her and more than a month in the NICU since he was a preemie. Just to see them with their beautiful healthy baby was such a great feeling and I could not be happier for them.

Now I really cannot wait until it happens for us! Apparently Hubby can't either because the second we got home he jumped me, saying "I wanna go make a baby!"  I don't think I'm ovulating right now but who am I to say no? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment