Saturday, March 16, 2013

Acupuncture Review

So I tried acupuncture for the first time last week and went for a second session today. I still am not sure what I think. I guess I like it - it's pretty relaxing. But besides that, I have no idea if it will actually help with anything and am rather skeptical. (Let's hope I'm eating my words because of a BFP in a few weeks! One can dream...)

I opted to go to a place that does acupuncture in a community setting - aka: you are in a big room with up to 9 other ppl also laying in recliners with needles sticking out of them. It is WAY cheaper (like, $20 per session vs. $75-$100 per) and you get the exact same "results". It's all warm and cozy in there and smells good and has relaxing music and they give you tons of blankets and it's so quiet and you just take a nap while your qi supposedly balances (?)/restores (?) itself. Whatever, it's relaxing.


While laying there today, I came to the determination that I could probably get the same result from  low-impact yoga (most of the time you're in the same half-conscious state as the meditative/relaxation part of a yoga class) except I wouldn't have to deal with having 10-20 needles sticking out of my body, AND I would be getting exercise while I'm at it. Huh.
 
Regardless, I think I'll keep going once a week for now because why the heck not?! If there's an option to nap in the middle of the day, I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment