Wednesday, August 21, 2013

New plan: Femara/Letrozole

The nurse called back to tell me that the RE's official recommendation is indeed for us to continue with our IVF plan next cycle. I was very transparent with her about my concerns and thankfully, she was understanding and said that if we really did not feel comfortable then Letrozole is definitely still an option. That made me feel better.

So Hubs and I talked it over and decided that if this cycle is a BFN we are going to try a round of Femara/Letrozole + Trigger + TI. I just really don't feel comfortable going straight into IVF now that I've learned my body is actually capable of ovulating. In a way I feel like I owe it to myself to at least give my body one more chance to act "normally".  If I have no response at all then I think I'll feel okay proceeding with IVF at that point. If I do respond then we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. The nurse confirmed that pushing off the procedure for even 3 months wouldn't make a difference insurance-/authorization-wise so that sort of sealed the deal for us. I feel much better about this plan. Hopefully though, I'll get a BFP and won't even need to worry about this!! (Am I jinxing myself writing that?)

Many thanks to all the wonderful ladies of 3TC who gave opinions on my situation and told me to trust my gut! That really helped.


  1. I'm happy to hear that she was receptive to your questions and concerns. I'm really glad you came up with a new plan that you feel better about. I hope you won't need it, but I can see wanting to give it a fair shot before moving on to IVF. FX for you!!

  2. I'm glad to hear that you are going to move forward with a plan that you feel comfortable with. Good luck!!