Sunday, April 14, 2013

Here's how I know I'm old now:

I am SO EXCITED about the patio furniture we bought this weekend!!  I am more excited about this than anything else I can remember since our wedding. I realize that sounds kind of pitiful but hear me out: Hubby and I spend pretty much every single day outside from May to Sept. All  summer long we entertain with BBQs and pool parties, and we both 
work from home a few days a week so on weekdays we'll grab our laptops and work pool-side as long as it's not raining.   I won't lie - spending this much money in one fell swoop was pretty painful. This is the most expensive purchase we've ever made (besides the wedding & house of course) so that's a little tough to swallow, but it will be SO worth it!

Wow, I've realized I really am old now. A full-blown adult.  5/7 years ago I couldn't really have even imagined myself caring about this crap but now this is like, a big exciting thing and I can't wait for it to be delivered in a few weeks! I guess I need to just embrace the fact that I'm firmly in my 30s now and this is what happens when you grow up!  I truly do love my life and am so thankful for all we have been blessed with. All we need now is a family of our own to share it all with!

Speaking of creating a family;
Today is CD34 and I had a big temp spike this morning. It makes no sense since I had no other fertility signs the last couple days so I have no clue if it means anything or not. This whole process is so frustrating that I've really just stopped focusing on it for now. I'm still temping & peeing on sticks but just not thinking about things as much. I'm still feeling good mentally which is wonderful, and I think I'm doing all I can do for now until I see the RE again in a couple weeks. Until then, I'm trying not to dwell on it.

1 comment:

  1. That furniture looks awesome! I love spending time outside...if the weather would get nicer up here in New England!

    ReplyDelete