According to Teresa at Where the *bleep* is our stork? This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers…the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
Here are the rules:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions the awarding blogger has asked
- Nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers, add their links to this post, and let them know that they have been nominated
- Create 11 questions for the nominated bloggers to answer
- (Post these rules!)
11 Random Facts about Me:
1. I always always have a song stuck in my head.
2. I love the beach but I hate the feel of beach sand!
3. I get super excited when there is a beautiful sunset.
4. My favorite drink is plain old water (I know, so boring!)
5. One of my legs is slightly shorter than the other which throws my whole body out of whack and gives me chronic lower back pain.
6. I am the youngest of 4 (brother, sister, sister, then me), and my closest sister is my best friend.
7. I have only lived in the Northeast (MA, ME, NY and NH) and have never spent any time on the West coast but I've always thought I could be happy living there. I think I could be happy living almost anywhere.
8. I love to go geocaching (what's that you ask? clicky!) because I love hiking and I love finding things.
9. I get a lot of satisfaction out of doing completely mundane things where I can focus on making the steps as efficient as possible and can consistently see my progress (like folding laundry, emptying the dishwasher and painting a room).
10. I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie; I've gone skydiving, bungee jumping and whitewater rafting. I'd do any of them again in a heartbeat and would love to go base jumping or repelling down mountains/skyscrapers if the opportunity ever presented itself.
11. I have a slight obsession with storms. I loooove thunderstorms and my biggest fear is tornadoes but they also fascinate me. I think I missed my calling as a storm-chaser.
Questions from Packer:
1. Why do you blog? I started blogging not long after I began having trouble TTC (about 8 months in, when I knew something was definitely wrong because I hadn't ovulated once). I did it to get stuff out of my head and ended up finding it cathartic. Now, I am so glad I kept up with it. It helps me mentally and it has connected me with a lot of wonderful people!
2. What is your favorite way to relieve stress? Exercise. Specifically Zumba, running around in the backyard playing with the dog, and swimming.
3. If you could choose one thing that you wish you could be better at, what would it be? Cooking. I hate it. I hate everything about it. Maybe if I was good at it, I'd like to do it?
4. What is your favorite thing about your life right now? My marriage. My husband is my rock. He is wonderful and sweet and funny and smart and a good provider. He's enabled me to have a pretty cushy life and I am grateful every day.
5. If you could quit your job for a year and do anything, what would you do? If I had unlimited money I would travel the world! If I didn't (much more likely) I would like to volunteer at various places to try new things and see what called to me/felt fulfilling. I'd also try my hand at writing (I would love to write a novel some day).
6. What is your favorite food? I don't have one. I'm a variety girl!
7. What is one thing that you really want to do but you've been putting off? Finding a new job/career. I want to do something I find fulfilling but I've been putting it off because I have such a sweet gig going with my current job. It's hard to leave such a good situation.
8. What is your next travel destination (either for real if you have a trip planned, or dream destination if you don't)? I don't have anything planned, unfortunately. But I would love to go to Hawaii soon. Or Ireland. Or New Zealand. Or Italy. Or...
9. Do you have pets, if so what pets do you have? I have a 3 year old pup who is so sweet and smart and adorable. I love him and couldn't picture my life without that little furbaby!
10. What technology could you not live without? Nada! I could live without any technology!
11. What is your favorite book? Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
My nominations!! (Packer and I share a lot of blog friends so I won't re-nominate them, I'll just nominate a few other lovely ladies who I know read my blog on a regular basis. If anyone else reading wants to do this too, please do!!)
1. ttuprincess at Table for Two
2. Krystal at Fish Bite Moonbeams
3. Runnin' Red at The Harder to Get, The Better to Have
My questions for you!
1. Rank the 4 seasons from best to worst and explain why!
2. Sweet or salty?
3. What was the last concert you went to?
4. If you could be any animal for a day what would you be and why?
5. If you received $5,000 in the mail today with no return address, what would you do with it?
6. Do you have any allergies?
7. What do you do for work? Did you go to school for it?
8. What is your most favorite memory?
9. How often do you shave your legs?
10. Favorite movie of all time? (Only ONE!)
11. What is your absolute favorite thing to do?