Saturday, July 12, 2014

Good news & new plan

Good news - I heard from my RE's nurse and I do NOT need surgery to remove my ute blobs! HOORAAAAAH!!!

So now that I don't have to worry about that, all I need to do is lose some weight and hope that it lowers my blood pressure. I do still have to meet with my PCP for a check-up to see what she says but even if she suggests giving me high BP meds I am pretty sure I'm going to refuse and ask for the chance to lower it myself through diet & exercise.

So, it looks like I'm back to focusing on my health and posting weekly health check-ins!  
Accountability time:

Starting weight: 204.5
Goal weight: 184.5 

I would, of course, love to lose more than that but this is the current goal because the nurse suggested losing 20 lbs and then seeing where we are with moving forward with the FET. Based on past weight loss I think I'm looking at approx 3 months of hard work to get there.

As an adult, this is the heaviest I have ever been and the smallest was 130 (I looked sickly at that weight) but I do remember 155 feeling like a perfect healthy, happy weight for me so I would love to get back there again at some point.  That would be a 50lb weight loss which feels overwhelming to me right now so I am going to stick with this current goal of 20lbs and see how I do.  
I have to say, I hate looking at that number: 204.5. I told myself last year when I saw the scale hit 200 for the first time ever that I would never let myself see that number again unless I was pregnant. Well, I saw it again when I was pregnant and now I'm still there even though I am no longer pregnant. Time to make a change so I can get healthier, lower my BP and start feeling good about myself again.

Yesterday I threw out all junk food and white bread in the house then Iwent grocery shopping and got a bunch of healthy foods. I also cooked dinner last night and made a plan for the next few nights. I am really proud of myself for that one. I hate cooking and for some reason, planning meals in advance is the bane of my existence.  That will be the biggest challenge for me but I'm starting out on a good foot.

I'll do an official health check-in post next week! 

13 comments:

  1. That is great news! I'm so glad you won't need surgery. I'm going to be cheering you on as you aim to reach your goal weight. I have no doubt that you can do it! The hardest part is getting started, and you have the best reason - a baby - to motivate you. Love the picture, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!! Glad you don't need the surgery. In my experience, the fastest way to torch weight is to alternate weight training days with cardio days - the weight training is really key. I lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks that way back in 2008, and it felt amazing too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear you don't need to have a surgery. I also love the tone of this post. Girl, you are going to nail your goal like nobody's business!! I'm here to cheer you along every step of the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good news! I'm in the same boat as you with the weight loss. It's hard, but you can do it. (I lost about 65 pounds about 10 years ago and was able to keep most of it off until I got pregnant with DD.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a great update. I hope the weight loss comes off a little easier than you think. Good luck with the meal planning! I think you got this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahoo!! I'm so glad you don't need surgery! I' rooting you on so hard, weight loss is tough work but I just know you're going to nail it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you don't need surgery!!! And I hope your BP goes back to normal with dropping the 20 lbs. And I know you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post and as Cici said, the tone of this post!! I've been anxiously awaiting your update and am so happy to hear you won't need surgery, yay!!! I'm with you on hating meal planning but I've been making an effort because when I don't, we eat so much more crap. When you've planned and shopped, you're setting yourself up for better success. I know you can do this, Chickin! Love you lady <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great news that you don't need surgery!! I know we will all support you here on the weight loss plan. I am doing the no bread, sugar or dairy and it is tough BUT it works! I totally caved this weekend but I am back to it this week. As much as I HATE it, preparing food ahead of time makes it so much easier in the mornings. If you need any ideas on food just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that you don't need to go through a surgery - that's great news! Good luck with the weight loss! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that your BP gets back to where it needs to be <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I am so glad to hear you won't have to have surgery. Good for you for getting rid of all that junk food! Sounds like you have a good weight loss plan, FX your BP gets back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck Chickie! You can do it! Good for you for making these changes

    ReplyDelete