Friday, June 14, 2013

Hello accountability!

If you read my last post, you know that I'm now officially getting serious with diet and exercise so that I can try to naturally bring down my high cholesterol/triglyceride levels (so that we don't have to stop TTC indefinitely until meds can bring down the numbers).

Therefore, I signed up for MyFitnessPal (MFP) and will be tracking everything I eat and all exercise. I'm hoping that posting my progress here may help me stick to it!

And so, in the spirit of accountability, I'm letting it all hang out:

Height: 5'5"
Starting Weight: 198
Weight Loss Goal: -1 lb /week
Exercise Goal: 3 cardio sessions + 2 strength training /week

With these goals, MFP set my daily calorie limit at 1500 which I think is very attainable. The last two days have come in a couple hundred under that total and with the added exercise, the program calculated that I'll lose closer to 2 lbs a week if I continue in this way.  

It will be interesting to see if my PCOS has an effect on this since supposedly it's harder to lose weight with PCOS with the insulin resistance and all. Web MD says: "When you have PCOS, shedding just 10% of your body weight can bring your periods back to normal". I'll let you know in 20 lbs if that's true or not. FX!

And I do want to lose weight of course, but this is really more about improving my cholesterol/ triglyceride numbers and eating heart-healthy foods whenever possible so I am less worried about the caloric intake and more about the kinds of foods I'm eating. I'm meeting with a nutritionist on the 26th to make a plan so we'll see if that changes the MFP goals or not.

I'm kind of excited! Is that weird? Probably.

I'm thinking maybe every Friday (or every other) I'll do a quick health check-in post to keep myself accountable.  I also added that handy-dandy weight-loss tracker over on the right side of the blog that links to MFP so that I can't hide even if I don't post an update :-)

I can't wait to look like a Shar Pei!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck girl! I look forward to your weekly check in! Feel free to post what you are eating - we could all use a tune up on meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked MFP when I used it. Wishing you all the best, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I don't think it's weird at all that you're excited about this new journey :) I always feel awesome whenever I have a new plan that has the potential to work out. I wish you lots of luck and believe that you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!!! I started back on Weight Watchers last Sunday so we can keep each other accountable! I don't think it's weird that you are excited!! I think it's great! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete