Friday, February 20, 2015

32 week check-in

32 weeks down, 8 to go!

Not too much to report on this week, just moving along.  The weeks feel slow now.

Check out my low-rider:


Weight gain: +11 lbs (Stayed the same for the last couple weeks so I expect a jump next week as I am feeling huge these days) 

Size of baby: Last week was a pineapple, this week is a squash(?). Supposedly that equals somewhere in the vicinity of almost 4 lbs and 17 inches.

Symptoms:  I'm pretty sure baby boy is head down. The doc said he thought so at my last OB appt and I am getting some killer pelvic pain these days so it makes sense.  His little baby head is putting some serious pressure on my pelvis, hips, lower abdomen, legs, butt.  I think it's funny that if he is indeed in the "proper" position (head down, facing in) then when Hubs kisses my belly he's pretty much kissing the baby's butt. Hee.

I'm having all the old symptoms still (insomnia, constipation, heartburn, nausea, shortness of breath, BH, etc.) but a newer symptom lately is a pretty itchy belly. I'm moisturizing twice a day trying to keep it in check but it doesn't always work. I can feel the skin starting to stretch more and more, especially on my sides.

I am also exhausted by about 7:30pm every night.  It's not so much sleepiness as just exhaustion from hauling around my body all day long.  I'm so achy and sore by that time and my belly feels so heavy that I just can't get comfortable or relax. I kind of shift around positions on the couch, then walk around for a bit, then try the floor, then try to stretch, then try the recliner... it makes for long uncomfortable evenings where I just watch the clock until it's time for bed.  Luckily once I get to bed I usually sleep pretty well (minus pee breaks) until 3:30/4am.

Movement: He is a mover and a shaker! I can tell he's running out of space in there though because I rarely feel kicks or jabs anymore.  Now it's like he's trying to stretch so I'll feel pressure in multiple places at the same time (like a foot in my ribs and a fist on my bladder), and also rippling motions like he's trying to move around but can't. I'm guessing the alien belly will just get more prominent as the weeks go on.  He now has a pretty noticeable daily sleep/wake pattern too.

What I'm looking forward to: Major excitement in my world this week: The nursery is now painted and Hubs and I are putting it all together this weekend!! :-) I have really been looking forward to this.  I'll post some pics next week!  It still won't be done for a while since the glider/recliner is on backorder and there are quite a few things I registered for that may or may not be gifted to us at my shower (Mar 1st!) but I'm putting together what I have so far. Yay! I cannot WAIT for tomorrow!


7 comments:

  1. :') I'm loving the excitement from your direction these days! I'm sorry about the aches and pains, but hang in there, mama! BIG HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see nursery pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I giggled at the idea of YH kissing the little one's butt, tee hee :) I'm also excited to see nursery pics!

    Sorry about the killer pelvic pain, ((hugs)) that does not sound like fun. I hope that glider is back in stock soon, one of my friends said she lived in her's the last 4 weeks of her pregnancy because it was so comfortable and helped a ton with the pelvic pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing the nursery pics, and glad things are overall going well save for some aches and pains. Hugs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hoping my baby will drop some to get it's head/butt/whatever huge body part out of my ribs to let me breathe. But not looking forward to the pelvic pain...guess there's no winning in the comfort category at 32 weeks! Our nightly routines sound similar. My husband said the same thing--he was leaned in talking to my belly. Then he kinda pulled back and was like, "I'm talking into its butt, aren't I?" Yeah...probably was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the excitement in your post! I can't believe how close you (and we) are getting to meeting your little one!! I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery!
    I'm sorry to hear about all of the aches and pains, you know that I feel for you. Third tri is hard. I really hope some of the discomfort eases up for you soon! Love you lady <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the finished nursery! Get in your sleep now while you can mama - baby boy's delivery is creeping up (and I am SO EXCITED for you!)

    ReplyDelete