Sunday, February 9, 2014

It's Facebook official!

We announced the pregnancy on Facebook today! Here it is:

After more than a year and half spent wishing and hoping, "Hubby" and I are absolutely thrilled to share the news that we are expecting Baby "Chickin" this August!!

It took me a bit to figure out what exactly to say since we were never "out" about our infertility but I think this struck a decent middle ground so folks have some idea of what we went through/just how happy we are, but without going into detail.

I also have to say that actually posting it out there for the world to see and having people come out of the woodwork to congratulate us made me unexpectedly emotional.  I couldn't stop myself from crying with gratitude, thinking about everything it took to get here and remembering the hopeless times filled with fear that our dream of a family may never come true. I just feel so unbelievably grateful and thankful that we are here now and I wish for that so hard for every single one of my fellow Dreamers. 

My good friend Jaytee at Miles Yet to Travel linked to this blog post on her own blog the other day which so eloquently sums up everything I feel about my own "Sisters Who Wait".  I think about you all every single day and am always hoping and praying for you. Although my circumstances have changed now, I could never forget what it's like to be in the IF trenches and I hope you know that I'm still there beside you on the sidelines, fighting with you from afar.


13 comments:

  1. Love you, Sister, and I love seeing your beautiful announcement for all the world to see! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this announcement! So excited for you guys and your little chickin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just deleted my post by accident like an idiot. :)
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I'm originally from the North Shore so the Pats announcement really speaks to me. ;) Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay North Shore! I lived in both Salem & Beverly for years :-)

      Delete
  5. Aww love the announcement, especially being a fellow New Englander!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm actually giddy over here at your announcement!!! I love it!!! I thought of you while reading that blog post actually, I love the emphasis on a sisterhood, all rooting for each other, never forgetting and always hoping. Love you and Petey Nugget! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute - congrats on being out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post made me bawl my eyes out! I love the announcement!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww what a perfect announcement...I love it!

    ReplyDelete